Welcome to Mundy’s Home Inspection Inc.!
Call Brook for your home inspection! 1-859-608-0082
Inspecting homes and farms in Central KY since 2003.
Buying a home or farm in Lexington, KY or central KY? The process can be stressful. A home inspection is supposed to give you peace of mind, but often has the opposite effect. You will be asked to absorb a lot of information in a short time. This often includes a written report, checklist, photographs, environmental reports and what the inspector himself says during the inspection. All this combined with the seller’s disclosure and what you notice yourself makes the experience even more overwhelming. What should you do?
Relax. Most of your inspection will be maintenance recommendations, life expectancies and minor imperfections. These are nice to know about. However, the issues that really matter will fall into four categories:
- Major defects. An example of this would be a structural failure.
- Things that lead to major defects. A small roof-flashing leak, for example.
- Things that may hinder your ability to finance, legally occupy or insure the home. This can vary especially if you are going with a Non-conventional loan.
- Safety hazards, such as an exposed, live buss bar at the electric panel or a faulty GFCI outlet.
Anything in these categories should be addressed. Often a serious problem can be corrected inexpensively to protect both life and property PRICELESS (especially in categories 2 and 4). Most sellers are honest and are often surprised to learn of defects uncovered during an inspection. Realize that sellers are under no obligation to repair everything mentioned in the report. No home is perfect. Keep things in perspective. Do not kill your deal over things that do not matter. It is inappropriate to demand that a seller address deferred maintenance, conditions already listed on the seller’s disclosure or nit-picky items. The above is an excerpt from “Sell Your Home For More” by Nick Gromicko.
What does the cost of an inspection include?
Kentucky requires licensing for home inspectors. They have a list of minimum Standards of Practice (SOPs), which include inspecting the structure, exterior, roofing, plumbing, heating & air conditioning, electrical, interior, insulation/ventilation & built-in kitchen appliances. All inspectors are licensed professionals with years of training, continuing education and on-site experience.
Our FREE “Concierge Service”
- No-obligation home insurance quote with exclusive money saving discounts on home and auto insurance from a licensed Liberty Mutual Agent. Everyone needs homeowners insurance!
- Easy Utilities Help – we identify service providers for electric, gas, water, trash, sewer, TV, internet, phone in your area and help you get everything connected at the best rates with this free service.
- Home Security Consultation – If you want or need a home security system, have it installed at the best rates before you move in and receive special rebates with our Concierge Program.
- Locksmith Appointment – We can schedule a qualified locksmith to test and re-key all the locks of your home at a discounted price. How many people have keys to your new home? Start fresh and safe!
In addition, we offer a free one year “Total Home Support” gift membership with Home Owners Network.
This membership provides:
- 90-day Home Inspection Warranty registration
- Mobile app “Ask the Experts”
- List of qualified local contractors
- Property 24/7 Emergency Hot Line support
- Concierge utility service set ups
- Home security program rebate
- Discounted locksmith re-key programs
- Member savings discounts
Providing Home Inspections in the following Kentucky Cities and Vicinities:
Providing Home Inspections in the following Counties:
- Anderson County
- Boyle County
- Fayette County
- Garrard County
- Jessamine County
- Mercer County
- Scott County
- Woodford County