Welcome to Lexington Home Inspection
by Brook Mundy!
Call Brook for your home inspection! 1-859-608-0082
Inspecting homes and farms in Central KY since 2003.
Buying a home or farm in Lexington, KY or central KY? The process can be stressful. A home inspection is supposed to give you peace of mind, but often has the opposite effect. You will be asked to absorb a lot of information in a short time. This often includes a written report, checklist, photographs, environmental reports and what the inspector himself says during the inspection. All this combined with the seller’s disclosure and what you notice yourself makes the experience even more overwhelming. What should you do?
Relax. Most of your inspection will be maintenance recommendations, life expectancies and minor imperfections. These are nice to know about. However, the issues that really matter will fall into four categories:
- Major defects. An example of this would be a structural failure.
- Things that lead to major defects. A small roof-flashing leak, for example.
- Things that may hinder your ability to finance, legally occupy or insure the home. This can vary especially if you are going with a Non-conventional loan.
- Safety hazards, such as an exposed, live buss bar at the electric panel or a faulty GFCI outlet.
Anything in these categories should be addressed. Often a serious problem can be corrected inexpensively to protect both life and property PRICELESS (especially in categories 2 and 4). Most sellers are honest and are often surprised to learn of defects uncovered during an inspection. Realize that sellers are under no obligation to repair everything mentioned in the report. No home is perfect. Keep things in perspective. Do not kill your deal over things that do not matter. It is inappropriate to demand that a seller address deferred maintenance, conditions already listed on the seller’s disclosure or nit-picky items. The above is an excerpt from “Sell Your Home For More” by Nick Gromicko.
What does the cost of an inspection include?
Kentucky requires licensing for home inspectors. They have a list of minimum Standards of Practice (SOPs), which include inspecting the structure, exterior, roofing, plumbing, heating & air conditioning, electrical, interior, insulation/ventilation & built-in kitchen appliances. All inspectors are licensed professionals with years of training, continuing education and on-site experience.
Our FREE “PORCH Home Assistant Gold” (value $350)
- A home Assistant can help you with your move-in needs, including booking movers.
- Your home assistant can schedule services for items on your repair list.
- And your home assistant is there for you any time you need to get maintenance done on your new home.
- And as a FREE BONUS, $200 credit in handyman services for your first year of moving in.
Providing Home Inspections in the following Kentucky Cities and Vicinities:
Providing Home Inspections in the following Counties:
- Anderson County
- Boyle County
- Clark County
- Fayette County
- Garrard County
- Jessamine County
- Mercer County
- Scott County
- Woodford County